Matthew 25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
How can you get involved in Evangelism and Missions? Southwest Hills offers several tools to get you started as well as many opportunities to volunteer and provide financial support.
At the missions table in the lobby of the main building, you can find the following tools and information:
- Welcome Baskets – a gift you can give to a new neighbor that includes sweets, small gifts, the gospel message, and invitation to our church.
- Gospel Tracts – a small and simple publication that clearly explains salvation. Choose from a variety of tracts that you can hand out to others.
- New Testament – Copies of the New Testament are available to give to new believers or those you are witnessing to.
- Salvation Message DVDs – Another great resource for those who are visual learners or when reading English may be difficult.
- Book of John & Romans in Arabic – great for new believers whose first language is Arabic, or for those you are witnessing to that read Arabic.
- Faith Giving Donation Slip – Help out our ministries, missionaries, and mission trips by providing financial support. Funds will be distributed to where the need is greatest. No donation is too small!
- Informational pamphlets and flyers on the ministries and missionaries we support.
- Awana Clubs – We need great leaders and helpers to assist in our Awana children's ministry. This rewarding ministry helps children memorize Bible verses, teaches them lessons from the Bible, and reinforces learning through creative games and crafts on Wednesday nights during the school year. If you are looking to serve in a ministry like this, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
- Mission Trips – Members of Southwest Hills support and attend many mission trips throughout the year. If you are interested in learning about upcoming mission trips, visit our 'Mission Trips' page. If you would like to sign-up to attend a mission trip, fill out the appropriate forms and turn in to our Director of Evangelism Mitch Lamotte. You can contact Mitch with questions at email@example.com.
- Pregnancy Resource Center: Steps for Life – Steps for Life is a 2-mile family fun walkathon benefiting PRC. At Pioneer Courthouse Square you can enjoy the petting zoo, clowns, face painting, music and animal balloons before the walk. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can help the Pregnancy Resource Center. You can also provide financial support by donating through the 'Our Partners Page' and clicking on the 'Donate Now' button.
- There are so many more ways you can get involved and serve; these are just a few examples. Talk to one of the pastors and let them know what you are passionate about and we can get you plugged-in!
While God is at the heart of all of our ministries, missionaries, and mission trips, your donations provide the vehicle that keeps them moving forward. Get involved today and help make it possible for these ministries to continue ministering in the name of Jesus Christ to people locally, nationally, and globally. You can offer a donation by filling out a 'Faith Giving Donation Slip' located in the upper lobby, putting your donation in the offering plate on Sunday morning (write the specific ministry you wish to support in the memo line) or by clicking on the 'Donate' button. Thank you for your support.